Friday, August 8, 2008

Coke Addiction


I know that everyone is aware that I have a slight Coca-Cola Addiction, but I had no idea that this type of addiction could be genetic. Whenever I get a Coke, it seems that half of it is gone before I even get some (I now know how my mother felt). I thought that I had it pretty much under control once I taught Brennan to ask before he partook and Nolan could only drink it if I held it for him. I have since learned the error of my beliefs!
The Story: After going to Fazoli's for lunch, I brought my drink home to enjoy. I put both boys down for a nap to enjoy some me time. I took my drink into the living room and placed in on the side table. Once the boys decided to get up, I let them run wild (like boys do). Brennan needed my help with something in his room and when I returned to the living room, this picture is what I found. Nolan had picked up the Coke from the table and was happily gulping the sweet nectar of the gods down. I grabbed my camera for the picture and just laughed. As I was putting my camera away (I just should have kept it out), Nolan tried to put the cup back on the table, but only manages to get less than half on. Once he let go, gravity set in the the wonderful drink turned into a wonderful mess!!! I picked up the cup and pulled Nolan back while I ran to get a towel. Second mistake of the day. I don't know if it is natural for children to return to the scene of the crime, but Nolan wanted to see what he'd done. Now, Nolan is a pretty good walker on carpet, but on hardwood, his steps are unsure as is. Add is some water and Nolan ended up belly-down in the cold soda. I think the cold scared him more than the fall, because the screaming was SOOOO loud. So, not only did I have to clean the floors, but I had to bathe Nolan as well.
Moral: Don't leave any soda in the cup for your children. Drink it all by yourself!

No comments: