Friday, June 6, 2008

Self Feeding but not Self Cleaning

This past week has been full of wonderful experiences (meant both seriously and sarcastically).

Serious: Nolan has been learning to self-feed with real people food. So far, his favorites are bananas, pears, and mac and cheese. I'm still feeding him baby food (because we have to use it up), but when we get done, he wants part of what Brennan and I are having. Watching him feed himself is the funniest! About half of the food makes it in and the other half makes it on.


Isn't Nolan so cute with bananas all over his face and hair? It took a lot of soap to try and get the dried banana out of his hair.



Nolan likes peaches and the spoon, but not necessarily together. I'd put the piece on the spoon, but he would freak out and flip it off. Quite comical!

Sarcastically: This new baby is NOT being all peachy! I've never been this sick before. With Brennan, I had no morning sickness at all (too good to be true). With Nolan, I only got a sick feeling when I hadn't eaten (which I thought was normal). But with this one, I've been throwing up like there is no tomorrow!!! And it's not just in the morning! In the last week, I'd say 5 of the 7 nights I've been worshiping the porcelain god. It is horrible!! At to that the dizziness and queasiness- I've been a wreck. In fact, my friend Ginger has commented that I've been green in the face and did I need her daughter to come over and sit with the boys? Ginger is so sweet, she even brought me Sprite to help ease my nausea. When will it end?

1 comment:

Stephanie Ellinger said...

I felt more sick with Nathan than I did Elisabeth. Maybe because you are so sick you are actually having a GIRL!!!! (I love the name Addison by the way). That's what Jake, Ellie and I are voting for.