If you recall, Brennan wanted to have a birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese with all of his friends. Last weekend, we went to make reservations at the CEC near our house. It was TOTALLY insane! There were police breaking up a fight between two moms~ not exactly what I want my children to experience. So Don came up with this wonderful idea: Brennan could have his birthday party there or he could take the money we would have spent on the party and buy toys with it. What do you think Brennan did? Well, he asked a couple of questions (like "will my friends still give me presents?" and "do you REALLY have a hundred dollars dad? Really?"), and decided that he would rather take the money for toys than have a party.
Well, I couldn't just let it be that... he had a really bad birthday (traveling and being sick). So I came up with a great solution: He could take the money and have a sleepover party instead of a real party. And after the birthday party we went to today, I think that we made the right decision. Keep it small~ Keep it simple.
Brennan invited his friends Asher (who lives across the street) and Fletcher (his friend from boy scouts). It was a typical sleepover~ lots of playing with toys, video games on the wii, board games, and fighting over the right bedtime. It was Wonderful!
Happy 7th Birthday Brennan! (FYI- This ice cream cake was really, really good!)
Brennan and Fletcher
Brennan and Asher (I love this picture!)
Brennan, Fletcher, and Asher





3 comments:
do you really have 100 dollars really? I love it classic kid no real comprehension of money but that being said I say that too when I balance the check book, then i usually find i missed paying a bill and i have 20 dollars really
That sounds like fun! I'm glad that you kept it simple. Did you let Brennan open up the presents from his friends at the party? :)
Janice I love how your kids always look so happy. And good job about avoiding Chuck E Cheese. I went for the first time last year simply because I'd never been (I dragged my husband and another adult friend), and it was pandemonium. We also took our video camera and made a pretty great movie, but needless to say, we won't be going back any time soon...or ever. :)
Post a Comment