Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Cookies and Holiday Hearts




This past week has been filled with fun Christmas activities. I've almost felt like I'm back in Utah with my family. (Boy do I miss them!) We had a sleep over with Gabe and Caleb where we made and decorated sugar cookies- more ended up on the floor than on the cookies.


Brennan and I have been baking up a storm. First, we made White Chocolate Chocolate Cookies which are a new personal favorite of mine. Brennan is turning into a mini Don because, just like Don, he now just wants to eat the cookie dough instead of baking the cookies! The next night we baked cinnamon rolls and peanut butter bars to take to Don's work for a Christmas treat. While we were baking, Brennan and I sang Christmas Carols to Nolan. Nolan thought we were the craziest people, but he just smiled and laughed the entire time. That night, we received a large ice storm that shut down the schools, so when Gina and I delivered the treats, we had the entire entourage in tow! There were more of us than of people working for Don. All in all, it was a great week with lots of love and baking!!

1 comment:

Stephanie Ellinger said...

wow - it looks like you guys had a good time! I love the picture of Brennan. His smile hasn't change since he was two. You know that his smile looks a lot like his 2 yr old picture sitting on my desk that has him in a Santa Clause hat? (Its one of my favorites!) I think that Nolan has a few distinct features of Don too. Can't wait to see you in 6 weeks!!!!