Now I know that I'm not the best on keeping up with things- there are so many things that I've started on and done well for a month or so and then just give up, but this is not going to be one of those things!!! Between Thanksgiving and Brennan's school and Don's work, and Nolan's everything, I just haven't found time to slow down and write, so I just decided that I would make time.
Right now seems like the perfect time to just write- It's snowing outside. The first snow of the season and the first real snow I've seen in years. I never knew that I'd miss it so much or that it would bring back such vivid memories. Memories of growing up and playing in the snow. Memories of snowy nights and long conversations with family and friends. Memories of Christmas' that I thought I'd forgotten. I can feel the childlike anticipation for Santa and the reindeer. I can feel the spirit of Christ and peacefulness of the season. But most of all, I feel the COLD!!
Last night, Brennan and I went with our neighbors Ginger, Jacob, and Haylee to see the Stake present "The Light of the World" (a church presentation of the birth of Christ). I went expecting to see a so-so production and have Brennan not watch the play. It was much better than I expected and Brennan watched in amazement at the chorus and actors singing about the happenings before Christ was born. He was full of so may questions-"Where is God?", "Why are there angels" and the most common question "This is non-fiction, right mom?" (chalk that up to school). I answered all the questions I could and came to a realization that I have a very inquisitive child who will take what I tell him as the law and never question it. I realized what my mom has been telling me about all these years. Teach him about Jesus. So I explained to him about the birth and why we celebrate Christmas. He was full of questions (but then again, when isn't he?) and every answer I gave him he took as the full truth. I was amazing to see such understanding in such a small child.
Since moving here, I've come to realize just how much I've been blessed these past few years. I've been blessed with such a large family to love and such amazing sisters!! I've been blessed to have such wonderful true friends in my life who are always willing to do anything to help out. I've been blessed with luck!! Luck in finding a job in Houston- luck in finding a great husband- luck in having great in-laws!! I'm not saying there weren't trials and really tough times in my life (we all know there were), but I have realized that I've been given a lot.
Okay- enough with the emotional part (it makes me cry because I think of mom), so I'm going to post some cute pictures and I think that you'll like them as much as I do!!





2 comments:
Hey janice you blog is so cute!!! I cant even believe how big nolan is and how smart brennan is. Although I guess I should since you are the smartest person I have ever met!!! I think Nolan is starting to look like don at least i can see some of his features in his closeup face!! from one snowy place to another love tammy
I miss having you home at Christmas!!!!!!! It's been too long. I mean, I realize you came out here before you got married to Don, but that was 2 years ago. Nolan looks so much like Don its amazing. I think though that Brennan has so many of your childhood features; its really comical. I appreciate your comment and know what you are feeling. I'm excited to see you in January! - Steph
Post a Comment