I found last weeks confessional so freeing that I've decided to continue...
*Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week*
This past week found us visiting family out of state. It was very refreshing to not have to stress about everything, but I may have taken it a bit too far....
While dressing the children for the day, I did not bribe my children with a visit to the Jump Zone if they would just stop being so loud and get dressed. And when they were finally dressed, I most assuredly did not make them go get their hair cut as the "surprise" that I also bribed them with. And since I am always prepared, I definitely did not forget to get money out of the ATM and did not have to borrow cash from my MIL. And when I borrow money, I never forget to pay it back (I'll mail it to you!)
Once we arrived at the Jump Zone, I was not the mean mother who let her two year old throw a giant tantrum because he wanted to ride the ice cream truck ride and, after 15 minutes, I did not give in just to make people stop looking at us. Even after all that drama, it was not me who made them leave after 40 minutes when a school bus full of bouncy 5 year olds came through the door.
Being the perfect mother that I am, when I heard Ian wake up the next morning, I did not pretend that I was asleep just so that Don would have to get up with him and Nolan. I would never pretend to be sleeping when my children need me! And when Don offered to watch the kids while Janet and I went to the store for a while, we were not gone for five hours just messing around like we didn't have a care in the world! I would never neglect my responsibilities as a parent.
Even when grandparents offer to babysit sleeping children, I would never go anywhere without my children attached to me at all times. I would never pretend that Don and I were going on a date, just like the days before children. And I would never go to a movie and get ice cream without my kiddies~ who does those kinds of things?
Now I guess it's back to the real world of children, school, and housekeeping~ we all know I would never let any of those fall on the back-burner in lieu of family fun and entertainment!





1 comment:
ok, I'll totally do that on my blog today. You rock!
Post a Comment