This past weekend, we purchased Nolan a toddler bed to try and transition him from the crib before the new baby (still un-named) arrives. When we were setting it up, Nolan was having a blast climbing all over it. You could tell that he was loving the fact that there was actually a bed in the house that he could get on himself! We found a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse bed set (his absolute favorite thing in the world...it's ever surpassed Baby Mozart!) to put on his bed and I even finished the blankets that I bought to make for him months ago. We assumed that everything was ready....
I know, I know... don't assume anything. The first night was insane. He cried for over an hour! Eventually, he figured out that we weren't coming in to play with him and he fell asleep on the floor next to the bed. So Close! Nap time the next day was worse. Since there was light, he could play with the few items we left in the room (blankets, diapers, wipes, books, the garbage). When I went to check on him after about 15 minutes, he had dumped out the garbage, knocked over the lamp, pulled out all of the blankets, opened all of the dresser drawers and tipped over the dresser. Luckily, he wasn't hurt, although he did manage to get out all the creams that were in his top drawers and line them up on the end of his bed. I should have taken a picture of his face when I walked in and found him in such a state. He looked at me and looked around and said (in the sweetest little voice) "Uh, oh." After a quick clean-up, Nolan spent the rest of his nap time in the crib.
The last three nights have been good though- After Don fixed the dresser by adding the drawer stops/latches, Nolan really hasn't done any damage to anything. When we put him to bed, he cries for about 5-10 minutes in front of the gate by his door and then crawls back into his bed and goes to sleep. It's been kind of nice- the only new issue is that Brennan isn't getting as much sleep as he should, but hopefully, the worst is over.
I had to throw in this other picture of Nolan. He is really into stacking and lining things up lately. Usually, it's the biggest on the bottom, but lately he's figured out that you can stack them from smallest to largest. I think he's getting too smart~ If only he would start really talking!





1 comment:
Good luck keeping him in that bed. I hope he doesn't do the same thing Ellie did when Nathan was born. She started climbing back in the crib and wanting to sleep there again!
Post a Comment