Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Favorite Pictures of Paris 2011

To celebrate our 5 year anniversary, Don surprised me with a trip to Paris. We went the first week of August, and it was SPECTACULAR!! I've never had a more fun or exciting trip.

Since we spent an entire week in Paris (with a day trip to London), I decided that I'm going to break up the posts a bit so you don't get too bored looking at my pictures or reading my ramblings.

So here is the first installment: My favorite pictures of Paris! (in no particular order... just how blogger uploaded them)


an urn in the gardens at the Palace of Versailles



Statues in front of the ponds at the Palace of Versailles



The Westin Paris- Our hotel





one of the bridges over the Seine that leads to the Arc de Triomphe





Notre Dame de Paris tower





Notre Dame de Paris


A view of Napoleon's Tomb from the garden of the Musee Rodin



The Musee d'Orsey



The Inverted Glass Pyramid at the Louvre



A fountain in a park near the Champs-Elysees




A carnival was being held in the gardens of the Tuilleries across the street from our hotel


The Eiffel Tower from the subway platform





My favorite picture of the Eiffel Tower from some very random spot we walked through due to the flooding in the subway system



So there you have it: Paris at a glance. Stay Tuned for the story of Paris!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous trip I'm so jealous still