Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Night Before Christmas

Brennan, Nolan, and Ian in their Christmas pj's (gotta love The Children's Place for matching jammies)

So the Night Before Christmas is usually the biggest night of our year, and this year was no different, though in a different way than I really expected. We were all sick, which made for a super yucky Christmas Eve.

Nolan and Ian had spent the entire day vomiting and having blow-out diapers, which in turn kept my washing machine insanely busy. Between trying to prep for Christmas and taking care of kids, it took me all day to accomplish what I could have normally done in an hour. Ugh! I hate dealing with throw-up. Which was probably the reason that I came down with the same thing the boys had.

Ian didn't really understand the concept of opening gifts yet, but he really like to shake it

Daddy helping Nolan with his Christmas shoes (that were too small... bad mommy)

Nolan enjoying the Christmas Cookies. Note: he's our very clean/dainty eater

Miraculously, there was a small break in the illness that encompassed our house. We used this narrow window of time to our advantage and did our Christmas Tradition of opening pj's, making cookies, and watching a Christmas Movie (since the babies LOVE Mickey Mouse, we watched Disney's A Christmas Carol). It wasn't much of a problem tossing the kids in bed and finishing up the few things left. What should have been a nice relaxing evening turned into a horrible night of sick kids and an even sicker mom. I don't know how we made it though, but somehow Christmas made it. Thank Heavens!
Christmas Preview:

Somehow, Christmas still came together. I thank Don for that.

Did you know that full Stockings don't hang very well? Ours had to find a new home on the chair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your christmas looked beautiful (even if you were sick)