Monday, September 21, 2009

Curtains, Bedding, and Furniture~ Oh My!

*This post is mostly for Tammy & Steph~ but everyone is welcome to look!*
Before my week of sickness, I've been working very hard at getting all of my *spring* projects done. Yes, I did say spring, and yes, I realize that it is now fall. I'm sorry~ That's why I've been trying to get them done!

One of the first things that I wanted to get done were my curtains. All of them. I'm tired of having the light come in through the unlined curtains at 6 am. I like my sleep! That being said, I didn't do much to these curtains other than line them, but it has made a world of difference! No more sunlight in my face~ Wa-hoo!!

The curtains in my bathroom were a little more complicated. I used linen, which looks fabulous, but is a pain to work with. It won't stay square! So, even though you can't see it, these are not quite perfect, but I think they still look great. And yes, my bathroom now matches my bedroom.

This is the room that Don teases me most about. "Why do we need a curtain in the laundry room? Who is the sun going to wake up? Who's going to see into it?" I don't care that I'm the only one who even goes in this room. I have to see it, so it's going to be pretty! I found this material on clearance, so not only is it super cute and matches perfectly, it was also super, super cheap!

Last year, I recovered my kitchen chairs with red twill, which looked great. Sadly, it did not hold up to the constant spills of my active boys. I've been waiting for fall to find the same twill to be able to recover them again. The chair on the left is what it looked like when it was purchased. The chair on the right is covered with the red twill and thick plastic so I can wipe away all of the messes.

This brings us to Brennan's new bedroom set. Don and I have been debating on getting Brennan and Dylan a new set for a while now, but we haven't been able to decide on what it should look like, so we never got it. Well, after realizing that Nolan now wants to sleep with Brennan on his top bunk, we decided that for safety-sake we would get a new set. We ended up getting him a full bed with a trundle for Dylan when he's here. I'm thrilled with the way the furniture looks~ masculine and modern, yet still very juvenile.
The only issue that I had with the entire situation was the fact that I didn't get a matching bedroom set or super comfy mattress until about 4 years ago, so what is a 2nd grader doing with such nice stuff?!!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janice you crack me up!!! Your curtains are adorable... when you are here next will you help me with some please?