I have to confess... I've become my sister Anne {whom I absolutely adore!}. It's not at all a bad thing; I'm just becoming more and more social. I've organized a couple of Girl's Night Out for our neighborhood, and they've all turned out really well. The reason I say I'm becoming Anne is because when it comes to planning these parties, I ask myself one simple question... "What would Anne do?" Then I merely do whatever I think Anne would do in the situation!
At the last Bunco, Karen and Gina were chatting about how uncomfortable they were being preggo {Karen was 39 weeks and Gina was 33 weeks}. The portion of the conversation I heard was about how happy they were to get out without the kids and just chat it up with the girls, which gave me the idea to combine our GNO with a baby shower for them! Super smart of me huh?
I made the reservation at Fulin's {uber-yummy Chinese} and got underway with the planning of the party! Since Karen had a boy and Gina's having a girl, I decided to go with the "Sweet Baby" theme and have it be like a candy shop. I think it turned out really well! It was a great night out with the girl's and lots of fun to see Aidan.
Gift Table (at the beginning)
Cupcakes from Hello Cupcake {the best!} and Sucker Bouquet Treats!
Karen and her beautiful baby Aidan
Karen and Gina opening up the many, many gifts!
Gina's super excited about the wrapping :)
Karen and Gina opening up their gifts from me





1 comment:
What would Anne do?
Is that kinda like the bracelets of WWJD? (only the party version?)
You've always known how to throw a good party! Its fun to see pictures of your friends too!
Post a Comment